What is Oursearching.com
The Oursearching.com browser virus may attack computer browsers and trigger terrible troubles on online activities, for instance, this browser hijacker will make modifications on search engine as well as search results. It pretends to be a legitimate website similar to search providers like Yahoo, Google or Bing by appearing as concise. Though it looks like the same search engine site as Yahoo, Bing and Google, the redirect page is not a reliable search engine at all. Generally, this redirect virus can get into a computer when a user visits phishing websites, clicks on compromised advertisements or downloads pirated software. It also spreads its components on the attachments or links in Email. Once Internet users open the spam email attachments or click on the recourses contained in the emails, it will seize and take opportunities to enter the target computer.
Oursearching.com should not be trusted even though the interface of the browser hijacker looks normal and legitimate. First of all, the apparent symptoms will be displayed on browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. That is to say, the default settings as homepage or start page on the browser will be changed by this virus without permission. By doing so, the website Oursearching.com can pop up as the default homepage or start page every time users launch their browsers. In this way, this redirect virus could block users’ access to the websites they intend to visit and at the same time deliver many misleading advertisements to them.
Therefore, we cannot emphasize the importance of removing this infection from the infected computer too much. If not removed timely, the redirect virus will download and install some unknown toolbars onto users’ browsers for the purpose of gathering users’ browsing history and further deliver them many targeted ads. Then, users’ personal information will be sent to the remote cyber hackers who will misuse this information for their own benefits. This redirect virus also causes an obvious slowdown in the computer performance, since it will take up lots of system resources. What is more, if you look into the program list more carefully you will find that there are many new and strange add-ons, programs installed recently but you never know when you download them. Then, cyber hackers would be able to utilize system vulnerabilities to remotely control compromised machine and carry out their illegal activities.
Why Antivirus Programs Fail to Remove This Redirect Virus?The Oursearching.com website is deemed as a high level risky browser hijacker virus that can do a lot of chaos, so it should be removed from the infected computer quickly and totally. Some PC users try to remove this redirect infection manually by uninstalling or even resetting. However, most of them find that this way does not help them completely get rid of this threat from their PCs. That’s because the security removal tools are not professional enough to pick up all types of viruses, and the viruses endows with changeable characteristics in particular. With the help of advanced hiding techniques, the Oursearching.com virus can always be able to escape the detection and auto removal by anti-malware tools. Thus, a professional removal tool is the best way for PC users to get rid of this browser hijack redirect without having any trouble.
It should be mentioned that the manual removal is a task of high complexity and risk, and should not be attempted by every user. You are required to have certain level of computer skills that enable you to deal with processes, files, and registry entries, etc. Otherwise, your computer may face a worse situation.
Steps for Oursearching.com Redirect Virus Removal
1) Right click on the task bar and select Task Manager or press the Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc composite keys to open Task Manage.
2) In the Windows Task Manager window, click on the Processes tab, find out all the related processes of Oursearching.com and disable them.
3) Exit the Task Manager window.
Step 2: Remove Oursearching.com related program from the Control Panel
1) Click on the Start button and click Control Panel in the menu.
2) Click on the Uninstall a program link below the Programs.
3) In the showing programs list, search for the unwanted program that is associated with the redirect virus and highlight it then click on the Uninstall.
4) Next, follow the prompt to complete the uninstallation.
5) Once finished, refresh the list and find out if the browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
Step 3: Clean Oursearching.com from the browsers
1) Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools in the menu bar then choose the Internet Options in the drop-down list.
2) Click on the Advanced tab in the showing window, then click the Reset button.
3) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2) In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button and confirm the reset request.
1) Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2) In the Settings label page, click on Show advanced settings.
3) Click on Reset browser settings button.
Oursearching.com virus, though a browser hijacker which may not seem quit harmful, does lead dangerous damages to computers. Can it not only damage your browser but also cause other unexpected problems. Antivirus program can not remove this infection completely although many users try to get rid of it by using removal tool. The browser hijacker is created with changeable features which enable it to hide deeply in the computer. To thoroughly remove it, you are required to have enough computer expertise and skills to manually remove it or use an advanced and excellent malware auto removal tool to help.
Note that manual removal is only for the advanced PC users who can deal with the process, but it could not ensure a complete deletion of the redirect virus every time. If you are a novice user, we sincerely suggest you ask a computer expert to help you or just download and use an advanced malware removal tool to perform the removal, which can avoid unnecessary trouble.