Frustrated by the redirection caused by TheSmartSearch.net redirect virus? Wondering how to remove it from your computer? Looking for a fool proof way to finally get rid of it for good? Unfortunately, most people spend several days or more trying to remove this dangerous and nasty redirect virus from their computer until they finally realize that there is an easy way to do it that they hadn't really considered until their frustrations mounted.
TheSmartSearch.net is a browser hijacker which is responsible for promoting various products or services. Once installed on your computer, it will redirect all your search results to websites that contain advertising information. This redirect virus also has the ability to create files in your system disk and registry so that it can escape from the tracking of the anti-virus program. When this virus starts its work, your computer will be in a unsafe place like low performance, the PC will crash down and your program will close frequently, sometimes it can even forbid all the program from running at all. So, you need to remove TheSmartSearch.net as quickly as possible. There is a manual way that you can have a try.
1. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC at one time to open the Windows Task Manager.
2. Within the Windows Task Manager click on the Processes tab. Find the process TheSmartSearch.net.exe. Select it with your mouse or keyboard and click on the End Process button. This will kill the process.
1) Google ChromeClick on the “Tools” menu ->Options-> Under the Bonnet.Go to the Privacy section and click the “Clear browsing data” button.Select “Delete cookies and other site data” to delete all cookies from the list.
2) Internet Explorer:Click the Tools button-> safety -> delete browsing historyTick the “cookies” box, then click “delete”
3) Mozilla Firefox:Click on Tools, then Options, select PrivacyClick the “Remove individual cookies” button-> Show CookiesTo remove a single cookie click on the entry in the list and click on the “Remove Cookie button”To remove all cookies click on the “Remove All Cookies button”
4. Remove all add-ons and extensions
Google Chrome: Wrench Icon -> Tools-> Extensions
Mozilla Firefox: Tools-> Add-ons (Ctrl+Shift+A)
Internet Explorer: Tools-> Manage Add-ons
5. Press Windows + R keys together to open the run box.
6. Type “regedit” in the run box and click Ok.Type in “regedit” and press OK.
7. Find out the registry entries related to this browser hijacker redirect.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\random
Remove malicious files of redirectC:\WINDOWS\assembly\KYH_64\Desktop.ini